One Lovely Blog AwardPosted: January 9, 2013
Thank you Laura (http://www.pajarigirls.com) for honoring me with the One Lovely Blog award. I appreciate that you keep coming back to visit my blog and I’m so glad it gives you an occasional chuckle.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you (manners, people! manners!).
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees.
- Include this set of rules (important, otherwise confusion and mass hysteria ensues).
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
The 7 things about me that are fit to share are:
1. I love animals, especially dogs, but remain frustrated because my mom won’t let me get one.
2. I have two children that I’m proud of and crazy about and three grandkids that I absolutely adore.
3. I’m a writer by compulsion, not training, which is strange since I’m a terrible speller and got C’s and D’s in English grammar back in the stone ages when I was in high school.
4. I’ve self-published a novel, three shorts (which are compilations of my blog postings – plus a few not fit to post). I may not be able to find an agent or publisher, but I can leave this part of myself behind for my kids and grandkids.
5. I’ve written and illustrated two children’s’ books about a character I call “Norman the Magic Tree.” And one of my favorite days was when I was invited to read one of my “Norman” books aloud to my granddaughter’s third-grade class.
6. I blog to stay sane because becoming a parent to your parent isn’t easy and rarely fun.
7. Often, the best part of the day is when Bill and I have our pre-dinner adult beverage and sit and muse about good days past and good times yet to come.
I’m happy to nominate the following blogs for the “One Lovely Blog Award:”
Lesley Carter (http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com) because she shares her travels and adventures through beautiful photos and prose and I can live vicariously through her.
http://zubariaasma.wordpress.com because he lifts me up with his positive attitude and joy of life.
Deborah (http://deborahbidwell.wordpress.com) because she is truly inspirational and is giving back with no expectations other than she knows it’s the right thing to do.
Seth (http://sethsnap.com) because he manages to portray the ordinary as extraordinary.
http://frangipanisingaporenicum.wordpress.com because she understands my life with Mom better than most and her words have helped and supported me when I didn’t think anyone really understood.
Richard (http://richarddaybell.wordpress.com) because his eschewed view and dry humor crack me up.
And last, but definitely not least, Lily the Cat (http://lillythehtcat.wordpress.com) and her friend Deep Throat because they fight the good fight every day – and Lily makes me laugh.